My first 24 hours were particularly eventful, as someone's wise-cracky bulletin board note highlights.
Since I’ve been at "the colony", I’ve provided abundant sensory information, but what have I been doing?
In no particular order, here’s what I’ve done in my first few days:
- Created two new pieces: a large shoes-and-wire piece and a small trash-in-trees drawing (images coming soon!)
- Collaborated and performed a 15-minute installation/performance piece with three fellow artists (youtube coming soon!)
- Taken lots of photographs
- Run—alot with some serious hills
- Swam several times a day
- Early to bed and early to rise
- Watched the sunset nearly every night
- Hiked up a mountain (not on a trail)
- Communed with nature
- Made surprisingly many phone calls and emails
- Eaten yummy food and met some great people
- Been the author of (and occasionally the butt of) more than a few jokes and wisecracks.